Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Five Hidden Lakes


The Steele family is wonderful! Not only are they letting us stay with them while they attend all sorts of wedding activities, but they are happily allowing Berk and I to tag along for the fun. The couple getting married is heavily involved in ultra-marathons, which means they can run 100 miles! Needless to say this is not a group of people that sit still for very long. Today we went on the longest hike little Berk has ever been on…five miles on a trail called Five Hidden Lakes. I am so proud of her! She actually made the whole trip up under her own steam. The Steele kids did wonderful job of keeping her motivated. We were rewarded with an amazing view of an alpine lake. I have never seen anything like it before. The lake was surrounded by pine trees and on the back side nestled up against the base of a hill. The snow was still melting so the kids got to throw some snow balls in 70 degree temps! We hunted around for a little while, but never found the other four lakes. Maybe next time.


I have never been to Lake Tahoe before and I must say I am smitten! Awesome activities for this self-professed tree hugger – in both summer and winter! This is where we should retire!!! Maybe on the Nevada side…no state income tax!!! They do have a great golf community too, which is a requirement for our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment