Sunday, July 19, 2009

No More Roughing It!!!

Its Saturday at 5:00 PM Mountain Time. As opposed to swatting deer flies, mosquitoes and being saddle sore, we’re sitting in a pool-side cabana at the incredible Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. We are “drinking Mojitos and making great decisions” as my husband says. We’ve been doing that a little too long I think, as he’ll only answer to “El Cubano Grande” now.
I’ve lost track of how many times Berkeley has gone up and down the water slide, and I note as I’m typing this that, because of the time I’ve spent in the pool today, my fingernails are cleaner than they’ve been in a month. The incredible luxury of this hotel is of course the complete opposite of the rustic surrounds we’ve had for weeks now, but I can honestly say that I prefer the latter. Although I haven’t asked Bill yet, I’m sure he’d disagree as he appeared panicked when the mint in his last drink wasn’t properly muddled.


Our dog Ally has been staying at Grandma’s house as the hotel frowns upon critters that are having intestinal issues - as she is right now. Otherwise, they happily allow dogs! Grandma spilled the beans this morning and admitted they’ve been feeding Ally table scraps, Bill's pet peeve. When he heard the news, he turned a color I’ve never really seen before- but managed to calm down as luckily the cabana girl was delivering his beef satay at that moment.


We’ve shipped Berkeley off to Grandma’s as well this evening so we can enjoy “date night” (Berkeley wasn’t fond of the notion however). After what I’m sure will be a great evening with the most charming, handsome, intelligent, sensitive man I’ve ever met, (warning: El Cubano Grande dictated that last part) we’ll hit the road again tomorrow. Only 800 or so miles left back to the west coast. I wonder how many stops at McDonalds that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment