Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Little Hanging Around Time

The next day was a great deal better, especially when I broke out the DVD player. Mom had an hour or so to actually read a book and enjoy the forest. Berk watched Nemo again for the umpteenth time. After a little while we decided to go caving. We drove down to the Oregon state caves and went on a tour. By the time we hit the lowest level of the care we were more than 250 feet below the surface. I had no idea you could go that deep on a tour! It was quite amazing and we really enjoyed it. When we made it to the surface we exchanged all sorts of BIGFOOT storied with some local Oregonians. They are really in to the whole Bigfoot lore in this area! It actually gave me the creeps going back to sleep that night. To top the day off, we signed up for a nighttime tree climb with the owner of the tree house B&B. We learned how to climb ropes to get up in to a tree. We were lucky enough to have Corky Segal (the musician I discussed earlier) take a bunch of pictures of Berk and I while “hanging around” – so to speak.


Next stop: Picking up Dadu in Spokane, WA for a long weekend in Glacier National Park, Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment