Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Covered Wagon Ranch – Big Sky, MT

Well, we made it through the storm! Thank goodness. We pulled in to the Covered Wagon Ranch in Big Sky, MT at about 6:00. The skies were sunny and not a trace of rain was seen all day at the ranch. I did not really know what to expect having never been to a ranch before, but I think I could get used to this. There are only about 8 guests in total at the ranch this week, so we literally have the pace all to ourselves. There are 15 employees, so right now we only have to wiggle our toe for something and it appears. Berk and I have been given a cabin that was built in the mid-1800’s. Old beams and chinking combined with a new wood stove and bathroom. It’s a good combination. The location could not be better either. We are literally three miles from Yellowstone. There is also an amazing trout stream that runs directly through the property. I think this will be fun! Great food, horseback riding at any time of the day from one of their 50 horses, and Berk has met Braden and Chase. Braden is six (almost seven) and Chase is three (almost four). She has playmates! They are the most polite and respectful children I have ever met. They say “please”, “thank you” and “yes Mama / no Mama” every time they speak. I am amazed and am going to make it a point to tell their parents. Braden and Chase’s parents just recently began managing the ranch, so the move has been a big one for the whole family. The kids even have their own horse, which has given Berk all sorts of ideas about getting one too. But every time I mention that she will have to clean out their stalls, she gets a little nervous. Maybe she is not totally convinced – yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment