This blog chronicals the adventures of a mom, daughter and their family dog as they travel across the Western US during the Summer of 2009.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Lake Tahoe Here We Come!
The second stop on our whirlwind adventure is Lake Tahoe. The Steele Family has been kind enough to invite us to visit them and intrude on a family wedding they are attending. Basically Berk and I are squatters…not that we mind. We left Yosemite and had a great time driving out. The West side of Yosemite is truly majestic. We of course discovered more waterfalls, stopped to climb a granite rock-face mountain and let Ally go for a swim (too bad the Rangers did not think a swimming Portuguese Water Dog was that cute. We almost got a ticket for swimming – go figure) . All the while my little back seat driver was GLUED to her new Leapster game machine. I am beginning to wonder if she is turning in to a gaming addict.
My name is Mary Allison. I was born and raised in the Midwest, forty some-odd years ago. Being land-locked for my early years, I think I developed my sense of adventure from old National Geographic magazines that my Grandmother collected. I voraciously read every edition cover to cover, so, naturally, when I graduated, I looked of a job that allowed me to do just that – travel. I basically spent the next twenty years on the road. In fact, I gathered so many frequent flier miles, that my husband and I were able to virtually pay for our “destination” wedding with them - 1.8 million miles to be specific. Quickly thereafter, we moved to California, had a baby girl and eventually I began a new career as a Mom. This is where the “road trip” seed germinated. I wanted to show and experience this amazing country with my family. The rest is chronicled in our blogs. I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we have had living them.
No comments:
Post a Comment